Computime Race Timing Systems provides timing and scoring services for motorcycle race events throughout Australia.
A full service Computime engagement includes the following services and benefits:
• Competing machines fitted with transponders to ensure accurate timing to 1/1000th of a second.
• Back-up timing with laser beams
• Intermediate (sector/split) timing can be provided when intermediate timing loops are installed.
• Informative "Race Display" screen showing current times and results – updated as they happen. Display can be transmitted to an in-house TV system if available.
• Local intranet network can be set-up to enable live timing and results to be viewed on laptop computers at the venue.
• Live timing instantly uploaded to the internet and available anywhere!
• Full reports printed at the conclusion of each session and uploaded to the local intranet and internet.
• Video photo finish camera to confirm close finishes
• Jump start camera system with cameras on each row to identify jumped starts.
Our current appointments include:
• Australian Superbike Championships - All rounds
• Australian Formula Xtreme Championship – All rounds
• Australasian Supercross Championships (Super-X) - All rounds
• Superbike World Championships - Australian Round
• MotoGP - Australian Round
• Victorian Road Racing Championships - All Rounds
• Various Classic Events - Australian Championships, Island Classic, Southern Classic, etc
• Hartwell Motor Cycle Club Championships – All rounds
• Victorian Interclub Series – All rounds
• Other events such as the Hattah Desert Race and Australian Classic Motocross Championship
Our appointments take us to a number of different locations including:
• Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit - Victoria
• Eastern Creek Raceway – New South Wales
• State Motorcycle Complex - Broadford - Victoria
• Winton Motor Raceway - Victoria
• Queensland Raceway - Queensland
• Hidden Valley Raceway – Northern Territory
• Symmons Plains Raceway - Tasmania
• Mallala Motorsports Park – South Australia
• Barbagallo Raceway – Wanneroo – Western Australia
• Various sporting stadiums for Supercross events
Computime has significant experience in the use of AMB and Dorian timing transponders, and is also highly regarded for their "manual" timing work (involving a combination of laser beam timing and manual data entry of competitor racing numbers). Our software is developed in house, enabling us to tailor our systems to improve the information and timeliness provided to competitors. We continue to make regular improvements to our TV Race Display and web browser based display used at circuits over Computime's temporary wireless network installed at each circuit, and continue to offer live timing over the internet at most events. We continue to develop systems to improve services provided at events. We have recently refined an IP multi-camera jump start system to ensure that any jumped starts are reported accurately and fairly. We are now developing software for race control to pinpoint competitor location through a combination of electronic track maps, intermediate timing loop timing data, and average sector times.